Thursday, March 5, 2009

Book Review - Envy: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen



This is the third title in the popular Luxe series, and like the first two books, it absolutely ROCKS. Envy follows the lives of the two Holland sisters -- Elizabeth, still reeling from the death of her true love, Will Keller, and Diana, whose secret affair with high society bad boy has lead to his marriage to the beautiful and cunning Penelope Hayes. Former Holland housemaid disguised as a wealthy heiress, Carolina Broad, is still soaking up the attention of her doting and extremely rich benefactor. All the girls find themselves in luxurious Palm Beach, Florida, taking a much needed break from the harsh New York winter. The trip results in a number of life changing events for the girls and their lives, loves, and families may never be the same. Set in 1900, this book has tons of glitz, glamor and romance to keep you reading reading reading! Don't worry, a fourth book is in the works, and I for one, can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know how many books is going to be in the series? I want to wait for the box set LoL. How are the first two books?

Ali Blau said...

I don't know how many books there will be in the series, but I am HAPPY to report that there will be another Luxe book called Splendor, due out in late 2009.

Come by the library and we'll find some more great books to keep you busy until then!

Anonymous said...

I read on Anna's personal blog that there will be only 4 books in The Luxe set but I hope she changes her mind because I am absolutely addicted. I have written an entry about her before and I'm hoping after writing her, she will do an interview for me!