Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Book Review: If I have a wicked stepmother, Where’s my prince? By Melissa Kantor



Lucy has had her life changed completely when her father remarries and moves her to Long Island from the west coast. She is not happy at all, not only does she have a stepmother, but twin stepsisters, and her father is never around. Her “room” is now the basement, but she still does not have furniture, after months of living there. She compares herself to Cinderella – she gets in trouble for anything, she is treated differently by her stepmother, and she has no friends. Everything starts to change when the most popular guy at school notices her – she may have finally found her prince, or has she?

I really enjoyed this book. I found I was angry FOR Lucy. You also learn that everything is not what it seems. Read this book and see if you think that Lucy is right or wrong with her choices.

No comments: